They sure are huge, measuring 16 inches from heel to toe! I'm behind with my schedule...I didn't get to felt them yesterday as I had planned. Now I need to wait until I have the time to fiddle with them during the felting process. My husband doesn't mind that they'll be late as he knows I'm making them for him and he probably won't start wearing them until it gets a little cooler. I'm just happy that they're finished and I can move on in my other knitting ... a baby blanket :)
The following pictures are for Deb (better known as knottykitty). She left a comment for me:
At 10:40 PM, September 06, 2007, knottykitty said...
"Your felted clogs look great! Would you believe that my pair are STILL sitting on the table waiting only for the bottom seams, because I kinda don't know how to seam them? All they need is those dumb seams to make them ready to felt--maybe you could post a picture on your blog of how you seam the bottom of yours! I'm sorta lost on that part.... :)"Well, Deb, here are a couple of pictures to show you how I joined the two sides of the soles.
The pictures are really awful and it's rather hard to describe with words. First, I joined the inner sole from the bottom, then lastly the outer sole. The pattern says to use a back stitch. With my needle I picked up part of the stitch on one side starting at the heel and sewed it to the other side, then I move back to the right, insert my needle and sewed anther stitch. Essentially I am doing a backstitch with the edges butting, not with the right sides together as is traditionally done in the sewing of fabric. Instead of whip stitching it together - doing a back stitch prevents the yarn from getting pulled in the felting process. You want to keep it as flat as you can, but remember felting really hides any imperfections. I also didn't worry too much about the looks of the sole because I will be sewing the non-skid soles on the bottom. I am not at all claiming that this is the proper way to do the seaming...it's just the way I interpret the pattern. Here's the clogs with the soles sewn up.
Hope this helps, Deb. Good luck putting them together! Give it a try and let me know how you make out :)