Must give thanks to a fellow raveler, Jen or better known on ravelry as yarnhoardingmama, for giving me the idea to try knitting the circles in rows rather than staggering them. You can see her cloth here, knitted in one yarn, an ombre. I found you can do the variation two ways. Either start your cloth with the first part of the circle cloth pattern(K4, slip2) and continue this part of the pattern for the whole cloth:
or the second part (K1, slip2) and continue this part of the pattern for the whole cloth:See the difference? What you end up with is little rectangles instead of circles like these:
I still prefer the original, but if you are up for a little change thought I would pass the idea along :)
Now on to bigger and better things....AWARDS!!
Recently I've been given awards by a few of my blogging friends. Thank you Sandy, Aim and Allison!! Each award was receive on different days, which was nice because you all made my day times 3 :)
The first one is from Sandy and Aim:
Here are the instuctions for passing this award along to others:
Select 7 blogs ( I will do 14) and pass along the award.
Here are the rules:
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (as shown above).
3) Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
I here by nominate:Allison:
Here are the instructions for this one:
1. Please put the award on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you
3. You must nominate at least 4 fellow bloggers for this award.
4. Add links to the recipients.
5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award.
...and for this one I shall nominate:
Happy Knitting :)