Friday, May 04, 2007

Door Prize

Here is a quick picture of a door prize I'm putting together. Next week our middle school P.C.C. is putting on a teacher appreciation luncheon. They had plenty of food donated already, but were in need of door prizes (about a $10.00 value). I added 3 of my dishcloths in matching colors to a flower pot set. Hopefully the color will work for whoever receives it. I think it makes a nice little gift. Now I just have to wrap it :)

Then the next picture is for Teenuh, who wanted to see the backside of the diamond drop cloth.
"Teenuh said...How neat. I love how that turned out! Actually, I'm curious of how that stitch pattern looks from the back side. Would you post a pic of it on your next update? :)"

Well here it is:
I'm still working on my latest project, Monika's Sakura Cherry Blossom Shawl . Mariella hit the nail on the head as well as a few others who guessed that I was working on a shawl. I'm using a totally different yarn than what Monika used...doesn't look quite the same, but I like it. I will post more later when I'm finished. The rows are getting longer and longer...it may take awhile, but I HAVE to finish it by the 19th of May. Wish me luck!! Happy Knitting everyone :)

22 comments:

  1. So beautiful - I love the colours (ooops, did I say that?). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice little door prize, it's a double prize no less! can't wait to see the progress on the shawl. have a great knitting weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! ;o)
    That's a very nice door prize! I would be thrilled to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a super cute little door prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there! i love your blog...i have been lurking for a while now! i too knit prayer shawls and LOVE the one that you are working on currently. i used your link to the pattern but once there the link to the pdf is not working. any ideas on how i could get hold of that pattern? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's such a nice door prize and if the person who gets it doesn't like it, they must just be crazy!

    good luck on your shawl! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lindsey,
    I'm so glad you love shawl pattern. It's really an exceptionally nice one and I think you will enjoy knitting it. Not sure why you can't download the pattern pdf? I bet if you email Monika
    she will be happy to send you the pdf.
    P.S. I didn't know how to contact you so that's why I'm commenting here. Hope you see this!

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the door prize is beautiful and worth well over $10! I'd be so excited to win that one.... Love your work lately. I've been so busy I haven't been reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There you go again - you ambitious knitter... I would be so thrilled to win this! Simply happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a really nice Door Prize. I'm sure who ever wins it will really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great prize! Whoever gets it is lucky indeed:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the winner will love that door prize! You're very generous with your knitted cloths.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey is it my imagination or does your title bar change pictures?

    Just wanted to let you know that the dreaded sewing is complete. I posted a picture on the blog of it all done, but I'll put one up of the display at the art show later in the week.

    Happy knitting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats a great idea! How pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck!

    The door prize will be lovely, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that is a great door prize. I would love to receive that. Can't wait to see the shawl progress. I am sure you will get it finished in time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh how cute is that!! what an adorable display. I would so enter for that door prize. I haven't knit any shawls (for me- yet) and I can't wait to try. I realized I am the only knitter I know that doesn't have a shawl!! How sad is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a really pretty gift, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great door prize! How's the shawl coming along? I'm sure you'll get it done by the 19th--why do you need it done by then?

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a cool door prize! Wish I was going to the event so I could win it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your comments! I really appreciate them. I usually don't follow up with an email, but if you do have a question please make sure you include a way to reach you within your comment so I may answer your question. Thanks and happy knitting :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.