I copied my knit list from http://smariek.blogspot.com . I added a few things.
Here are the directions:
Bold for things you’ve done, italics for things you plan to do one day, and normal for things you’re not planning on doing.
I think this is a good inventory of my knitting skills and thought perhaps others might want to give it a try to see exactly where they stand.
My knit List:
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Continental knitting (tried but didn't love)
Domino knitting (modular knitting) (have Vivian Hoxboro's book...looks interesting)
Drop stitch patterns
Fair Isle knitting
Knitting with circular needles
Knitting with DPNs
Knitting and purling backwards (never thought about it)
Knitting small tubular items on two circulars
Knitting a circular item using the Magic Loop
Long Tail CO
Moebius band knitting
Slip Stitch patterns
Swiss Darning or duplicate stitch
Twisted stitch patterns
Two end knitting
Knitting with alpaca
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Knitting with banana fiber yarn (heard it's very disappointing)
Knitting with beads
Knitting with camel yarn
Knitting with cashmere
Knitting with cotton
Knitting with dog/cat hair
Knitting with linen
Knitting with metal wire
Knitting with soy yarn
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with self-patterning/self-striping/variegating yarn
Knitting with silk
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Knitting with wool
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/arm warmers
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, towels, tea cozies…)
Graffiti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street)
Knitting for pets
Knitting for preemies
Knitting items for a wedding
Knitting a gift
Holiday related knitting
Designing knitted garments
Dyeing yarn with plant colors
Dyeing yarn with acid dyes
Dyeing yarn with kool-ade and other food colorings
Participating in a KAL
Publishing a knitting book
Knitting to make money
Knitting for a living
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Knitting on a loom
Spinning on a drop spindle
Spinning with a spinning wheel
Teaching a male how to knit
Teaching knitting classes
Writing a pattern
Knitting in public
-----------------------------------------Seems like just about everyone who's blog I read has been tagged in the past few days. I've been tagged by knottykitty, Jeanne and Josee for the 8 (in Jeanne and Josee's case 7) random facts meme. I'll be a good sport and do 8, because knottykitty tagged me first!
Rules:I really didn't think I would get to do this fun exercise for awhile, but while I was doing my weekly cleaning today I was thinking...thinking about this random facts meme....and I found my cleaning going amazingly quickly. Did I mention...I hate cleaning, oh there we go #1:
- Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I HATE cleaning, but force myself to do it ;)
2. My first name is Debbie. I was named after Debbie Reynolds. If I were a boy, my name would have been Keith. My mother loved that boy's name.
3. I'm addicted to knitting, oh that's right you already know that fact! Well, I'm addicted to chocolate, too. A small piece every now and then makes me very happy :)
4. I'm a Medical Technologist by trade, with my speciality being Microbiology. Currently, I'm just a stay at home mom.
5. I'm allergic to just about everything. I get 3 allergy shots a month and I still take Allegra in the morning and benadryl at night.
6. My great-grandparents on my mother's side immigrated from Germany. My grandparents on my father's side immigrated from Hungary.
7. I refuse to use a port-a- potty no matter what!
8. I'm a pack rat. I love all thing OLD and antique. Old things are much more interesting than new items. The only drawback to loving old things is that I really have a hard time getting rid of anything :)
Well, that wasn't too bad. Now I have to tag 8 of my blogging friends. Finding someone who has not been tagged is going to be difficult, so if you are reading my blog...consider yourself tagged :) I wouldn't want to leave anyone out, now would I? ( Please let me clarify this...participate only if you want to, ok? )
Have a great weekend and hope there is lots of happy knitting going on :)