My boys I might add have been giving me grief because of the mess I have made in our living room. They have been complaining because they have no place to sit. When I'm picking out the colors for the fish I spread everything out and leave it that way while I'm knitting my row of fishes. Not only does that make a mess but the fact that I have all my yarn pulled out as well. Cleaned up a bit today and now I just have one basket for yarn and one basket for fish. They haven't noticed yet!
Look what my dear Oregonian sister sent me for my birthday!
Beautiful hand spun yarn (90% lamb's wool and 10% mohair). She is very talented and spins yarn from her own lambs, goats and angora rabbits. Now I have to figure out what to make with this gorgeous yarn. I have in my stash 3 other skeins that she sent me, pink, and 2 shades of natural brown. I have been waiting for the perfect pattern for those skeins, too. I really want to knit something very special.
Last, but not least Deb, better known as knottykitty has nominated me as a...
....thanks, Deb I am very honored :) Knottykitty blog is always filled with interesting knitting tales and very cute kitties. Make sure you check out her blog and see for yourself why she rocks! One of my duties as a Rockin' Girl Blogger is to nominate 5 more Rockin' Girl bloggers. This is a very difficult task...I think all knitting bloggers deserve an award...at least the ones I read regularly.
Drum roll please...here they are:
- Allison is a knitting blogger who posts pictures of her knitting, but ALWAYS mixes her knitting with beautiful flowers. All winter long she would brighten my day on those cold winter days.
- CeElle has an amazing, very colorful blog. She has quite the flair for the graphic arts and it shows in her colorful knitting.
- Rohanknitter is a homeschooling mom of 3 boys who lives on a farm in the Midwest. Her blog is wonderful glimpse of life on a farm. She actually has time to knits, craft and blog in addition to all she does on the farm!
- Violiknit a.k.a. Sophia is a violin playing knitter. She always finds the cutest patterns and has interesting tidbits about her life as professional musician.
- Vyvyan always has a new pattern to share with her readers. She writes incredible patterns and is a source of inspiration for me!
Happy weekend and happy knitting :)